Almost everybody wants an escape from traditional cable TV. Therefore streaming devices like Amazon Firesticks are becoming more popular over the last five or six years.
More people are turning towards streaming devices, IPTV, OTTs, etc. The availability of the internet is different today from when the traditional cable operators ruled the entertainment industry.
Now, the internet is easily accessible, and so is online streaming. In this article, you will learn about a jailbroken Firestick device, and is it worth paying extra money for it?
What is a jailbroken Firestick?
As fishy as it might sound but in reality, jailbreaking a Firestick is a legal and easy process. Jailbreaking a Firestick means that you can also install third-party apps from the web. Amazon does not allow you to install apps that are not available in the Amazon store. Jailbreaking a Firestick resolves this issue.
Can you jailbreak a Firestick yourself?
Yes, it is easy to jailbreak a Firestick, and you can do it yourself. After jailbreaking it, you can install several apps to watch TV shows, movies, and live sports without any cost. You might want to install some of the must-have jailbroken FireStick apps like Express VPN and Cinema HD apk.
Here is how you can safely jailbreak an Amazon Firestick
1) You might need to install the Downloader app to install third-party applications on your Firestick. You can install another similar app too, but I prefer the Downloader app,
2) You can install this app by going to the main screen of your Firestick and searching its name in the search bar,
3) After that, you might need to click on its icon and the Download or Get option,
4) After installation, open the app and grant all permissions.
Now you have an app on your Firestick device that allows you to download and install third-party applications from the web. Now, you need to set up the Firestick for jailbreaking. You can do that by following these steps.
1) Go to the settings tab from the Firestick’s home menu,
2) After that, go to the My Fire TV option,
3) Now, click on the Developer Options tab,
4) Now, turn on the ADB debugging option, and then click on the Install unknown apps tab,
5) After clicking on it, you will find the Downloader app’s icon that you might need to click to turn it on,
6) Now, you need to go back to the settings menu of your Firestick to find the Preferences option,
7) After clicking on it, open Privacy Settings,
8) Now, turn on these two options
- Device Data Usage,
- Collect App Usage Data.
That’s it. You have successfully done all the necessary steps to jailbreak a Firestick. You can also turn off data monitoring from the Preferences tab if you want an additional layer of privacy.
Now, you might want to go to the Downloader app and enter the URL of the third-party applications to sideload them into your Firestick device. It might seem like too many steps, but the complete process does not take more than two minutes.
Is it legal to Jailbreak a Firestick?
Yes, jailbreaking a Firestick is legal, and it also does not void the warranty of your Firestick. However, it makes your device more vulnerable to illegal activities.
For instance, Kodi is one of the best media players for the Firestick. It is a legal app you can use after jailbreaking your Firestick device. However, not all Kodi add-ons are legal.
Some of them provide pirated and copyrighted content. Streaming or downloading that copyrighted content makes your Kodi app and Amazon Firestick device both illegal. You might also get legal notices from the original content owners, the government, or your ISP providers.
You might want to avoid such activity. You might also want to use a VPN before accessing apps like Kodi for an additional layer of security.
Do I need to pay extra for a jailbroken Firestick?
In my opinion, you can jailbreak a Firestick yourself easily if you follow a decent guide. It is legal, safe, and easy to jailbreak a Firestick. Several users offer a jailbroken firestick with a pre-installed VPN that is more expensive.
You can do the same without spending a penny until you want to use a paid VPN. You can install a VPN from the Amazon store or sideload it after jailbreaking the Firestick.
Buying a jailbroken Firestick is also not safe because you do not know if the previous owner has been streaming legal or illegal content. If they were using legal or illegal add-ons.
So, I do not think you might need to buy an already jailbroken Firestick. You can perform a DIY and save money.
Jailbreaking a Firestick unlocks its potential, and you might want to do this process yourself. You can save money and time and be safer from legal notices from the government.